How can data exchange by fax result in lost revenue and potential lawsuits?
Specific compliance requirements start in November 2020 for information blocking. By January 1, 2021, the ONC 21st Century Cures Act Final Rule will take effect. The rule requires hospitals and medical centers to provide their patients electronic access to their medical records at no cost. By May 1, 2021, hospitals must be able to exchange transition of care data. If you’re still relying on faxing, this could spell trouble for your organization!
The good news is that there’s a simple web-based solution for data exchange for both small and large providers.
Secure Direct Messaging:
What is a direct email address?
A direct address is essentially an email address issued as the identification for anyone who sends or receives direct secure messages. A direct email address differs from a regular email address in these ways:
Tired of not having a faster solution? We are experts in Direct Messaging!
Call us now for a free consultation, and we’ll get you set up with Secure Direct Messaging by:
1. Creating an interoperability plan based on your specific needs.
2. Analyzing your clinical data to ensure that codes are mapped effectively for optimal exchange.
3. Adding new codes as necessary to maintain compliance with clinical data exchange standards.
4. Troubleshooting data errors to save you money, enhance patient and provider satisfaction
5. Help prevent lawsuits from data entry errors.
Contact us today to improve your system’s interoperability, learn about the Cures Act Final Rule compliance, and save time by using Secure Direct Messaging!